I want to read all of these books through osmosis.
Monthly Archives: November 2011
I’m curious to know…
– which brand of computer should I buy? This is a BIG DEAL decision.
– when will I ever be inspired to write an actual post for this here blog?
– why doesn’t laundry take care of itself?
– if I tried to bake a duck, would it be edible? Duck seems like an easy thing to mess up.
– why am I so tired all the time?
Just a reminder that the nominations for the Independent Literary Awards are now open. Please nominate your favorite books published in 2011!
- Everyone can nominate books!
- You can nominate up to five books in each category. Please make sure they were originally published in 2011.
- Nominations close December 31, 2011 at midnight PST
If you can’t stand to listen to non-fiction audio books, may I suggest starting with a book by a famous news caster? I’ve been listening to Tom Brokaw’s new book today, which he (of course) narrates himself, and the simple pleasure of listening to a well known voice tell me interesting things makes me happy.
Other authors/famous people/npr journalists you may or may not have heard of who read their own books in a pleasing manner:
- Tina Fey
- Gwen Ifill
- John Moe
- Rob Lowe
- John Lithgow
- Michele Norris
Anyone you’d add to the list?