Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines
- Frankie Landau-Banks (The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks): Frankie came immediately to my mind as soon as I saw the topic of the top ten list. She’s ridiculously smart and clever and will probably be president one day.
- Evie Burrman (Deliver Us from Evie): While the book focuses on Evie’s snooze-fest of a brother who is busy freaking out because Evie’s gay, Evie’s like “pshhhh I got this” and starts dating the prettiest girl in town who may or may not be the mayor or head banker or something like that’s daughter.
- Beebo Brinker (Beebo Brinker): Oh, Beebo. Although Beebo makes an appearance in most of the books in the aptly named Beebo Brinker Chronicles series, she shines brightest here as a young and determinded butch looking for love in all the wrong places. Oh, Beebo. Stay away from Laura.
- Thursday Next (The Eyre Affair): Thursday has an outstanding military career in her backgrblahblahblah she can recite Shakespeare and save the plot of books and be witty and awesome AND care for a pet dodo bird. I want to be Thursday.
- Esperanza Diaz (Myron Bolitar series): So Esperanza is Myron’s best friend who usually gets the best jokes and is really, really good at her job. Also she loves Myron but makes fun of him a lot and that guy super needs it.
- Dr. Sara Linton (Grant County/Georgia series): SO SMART SHE IS SO SMART. Also whoever narrates the audio versions for these has the best Sara voice and it made me like the character even more.
- Carrie White (Carrie): Don’t bully Carrie, Carrie will fuck you up. Power to the bullied.
- Emma Woodhouse (Emma): Emma tries so hard to help everyone but she doesn’t always see the biggest picture. She’s so endearing and kind-hearted (and also is the only Austen heroine who doesn’t stress me out with her money worries). EMMA’S MY FAVORITE JUDGE ME IF YOU WILL.
- Cinderella (Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love): Spoiler alert: Cinderella is a spy. An awesome spy who usually uses shoe-shaped devices (like Batman and his bats) of some kind to achieve her mission. I like that Cinderella can enjoy shoes and then go and be awesome at her job and save the world.
I really didn’t like how difficult it was for me to think of 10 examples. Sigh.