Hour 6: Food Has Arrived!
- Calling Dr. Laura by Nicole J. Georges–288 pages
- Letter Composed During a Lull in the Fighting: Poems by Kevin Powers–96 pages
- Back to Our Futures: How the 1980s Explain the World We Live in Now–Our Culture, Our Politics, Our Everything by David Sirota–42 pages
It’s too rainy out to walk the two minutes to the grocery store (bad me), so I ordered delivery breakfast. Delicious bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with hashbrowns. It’s so dreary out I kind of want to take a nap. We will see! In the mean time, I read Kevin Powers’ collection of poems and 42 pages in Back to Our Future, which I’m sad to say I’m going to have to give up on for being a little…lets go with “overenthusiastic.” I only ever feel bad about giving up on books during the readathon–which doesn’t really make sense. I’m going to pick a rogue book from my shelves as my next read to mix things up a bit and get over my guilt. ;)
Hour 3: Settling In
I absolutely adored Calling Dr. Laura and I’m so glad I chose it as my first book today. It’s so refreshing to have enjoyed a book so much so early in the day! I’ve even showered (you’re welcome) and had some breakfast (chocolate chip muffins, yum), and now I’m going to read Letter Composed During a Lull in the Fighting by Kevin Powers, a collection of poems. About war. Why not, right?
Well hello there! Today I’m participating in my very favorite book blogging event, Dewey’s Readathon. I’ve been super excited for the readathon for months: planning snacks, choosing books, convincing non-book blogging friends to join in. I’ll even be co-hosting for a couple hours, including the mid-event meme. which makes me super happy because I am a sucker for traditions–and what’s more traditional in a readathon than the memes? Speaking of, here’s the introduction meme.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I’m not really looking forward to one book more than any others, I’m just looking to reading generally and hoping for the best. This is my stack but I’m sure I’ll be mixing in a few different titles.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I have no snacks planned. Whoops. Hopefully the grocery store will magically provide me with the perfect treats.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’ve been slowly transitioning myself into spending more time on the internet after about a year and a half of not really spending much time online. I missed Twitter!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I’m going for a laid-back, reading and chatting kind of readathon today. It’s going to be good.